Confidentiality in a group setting is the shared responsibility of all group members and the facilitator(s). Although a group facilitator will not disclose client communication or information, except as detailed in the Limits of Confidentiality form in your group enrollment packet, group members' communications and information are not protected.
I understand the limits of confidentiality in a group setting and I agree that:
- I will not discuss any information pertaining to any group member(s) with anyone incluiding my family, roommate(s), significant other(s) or any person(s) not a member of this group.
- I will not discuss any information pertaining to any group member(s) in any place where it can be overheard by anyone not directly involved with this group.
- I will not contact any individual or agency to get personal information about any group member(s).
- I will not give any information, either verbally or non-verbally, about any group member(s) to any person(s) or agency.
- I understand that breaching confidentiality could subject me to civil liability.
- I commit to attend group for a period of 12 weeks.
- I agree to call Annie Hunter at 770-738-8559 if I am late or have an emergency/illness that will prevent me from presenting to group.
- I understand that the group facilitator(s) will share the reason for my absence with the group, unless otherwise asked not to do so.
- I agree to share my date of absence with the group ahead of time if I know in advance that I will be absent from a later group.
- I understand that after 3 unexcused absences from the group, I will be asked to meet with the facilitator(s) to discuss my future group membership.
- I understand that group will begin and end on time, regardless of the topic of dicussion.
III. Group Rights and Responsibilities
I agree to abide by the following group rules:
- The Stop Rule: No group member is ever required to answer any question or participate in any activity. I understand that I have a right to "pass." I agree to not pressure other group members to participate after they have chosen to "pass."
- Dignity: No group member is ever to be humiliated, hazed or abused in any way. I agree to avoid this destructive behavior.
- Safety: Violence or intimidation toward group members or the facilitator(s) is prohibited. I understand that violation of this rule will result in me be being asked to leave the group.
- Access to Emotions and Control Over My Behavior: Alcohol and other drugs are barries to accessing emotions and controlling behavior. I understand that if I present to group under the influence of drugs or alcohol, or if the facilitator(s) believe I am under the influence of drugs or alcohol during group, I will be asked to leave.
- No Exclusive Relationships: Exclusive relationships can make other members feel left out and can become a barrier to open sharing in group. Exclusive relationships can also make it difficult for the involved individual(s) to continue in group if the relationship ends.
- Engagement in the Process: Cell phone use and side conversations are prohibited during group time. I will do my best to remain in group for the entire scheduled time.
- Monitoring of Group Behavior: I understand that it is the group facilitator's(s') responsibility to enforce the procedures in this contract and that the group may propose other guidelines which will be the responsibility of the group to monitor.
Usually group members, along with the facilitator(s), decide when it is time to leave the group. At times, it is necessary for a member to leave the group unexpectedly which may cause other members to wonder if they harmed the departing member. I agree to, at a later meeting, return to say goodbye and make other group members aware of my reason for leaving the group if I have to do so unexpectedly. I agree to be respectful of another member's decision to leave the group.